In this week’s Gourmet Meat & Sausage Shop blog, we are continuing to talk turkey in preparation for the upcoming Thanksgiving and holiday season. And speaking of preparation, we’ve compiled a list of turkey rubs to wow your guests this holiday season and even some you can pick up at our store.
Dry Turkey Rub
This recipe for dry turkey rub doesn’t get any easier.
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
In a small bowl blend together with your dry ingredients. When ready, pat dry your bird with a paper towel and rub ingredients on the outside of your turkey making sure the whole bird is coated.
Cajun Turkey Rub
This recipe will certainly spice things up if you plan on frying up your bird this holiday season. The best part? Most of the ingredients are already in your pantry.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 dried thyme
- 1 1/4 dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Put dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until well blended. Pat dry your turkey with a paper towel and make sure to not only cover the entire body of the bird but inside the bird as well.